We need green, safe, vibrant communities in every part of our city and we want residents to have a greater say in how our city is run.
Protecting the planet
- Organise a citizens’ assembly on climate change.
- Tackle the climate crisis and achieve net zero carbon by 2030.
- All developments in the new local plan to have on-site renewable energy production.
- Create a Tipner regeneration project that protects the environment, increases social housing and connects to the city.
- Oppose the Aquind proposals and fight them all the way.
- Reinvest £136.1m of fossil fuel investments, held by Hampshire Pension Fund on behalf of councils, in local green industries.
Cohesive, safe and tidy neighbourhoods (Safe, tidy neighbourhoods working together)
- Encourage more neighbourhood forums, residents groups and living streets initiatives.
- Landlord licensing for HMOs, (Houses in Multiple Occupation), and private rented accommodation across the city.
- Street cleaning and road maintenance provision across the city to ensure that no area is left behind.
- Provide activities young people enjoy to lead them away from anti-social behaviour.
- Reinstate a hate crime unit where all Portsmouth residents can get support if they’ve been victims of prejudice.
Developing local democracy (Giving People a Say)
- Support the community-led housing sector to develop affordable housing through housing co-ops, co-housing projects etc.
- Ensure public engagement on design of major housing and regeneration sites.
- Involve the public in decision making and participatory budgeting.
- Move to all out local elections once every 4 years.
Connecting our city
- Develop an integrated transport system that’s affordable, efficient and accessible for all.
- Adopt ‘City to Share’ vision so cyclists and pedestrians in Portsmouth can be safe.
- Develop low traffic neighbourhoods and living streets so residents can decide on spaces available for play, planting and community activities.